What are some of the most common negative consequences college students experience as a result of drinking
You must answer all parts of the questions with no errors to receive full credit. Use APA format, double-space, include a title page, page numbers on the top right corner, and please use correct spelling and grammar. As always, I DO count off for spelling and grammar errors, so be careful and proofread your work before submitting. Please include both prompts in the same document.
Prompt 1: Alcohol Use on College Campuses
Alcohol use is prevalent on college campuses. Many college students participate in binge drinking and other drinking competitions that can be dangerous and even fatal. Address the following questions on alcohol use in college:
- What are some of the most common negative consequences college students experience as a result of drinking?
- Why do students tolerate the negative behaviors of students who have been drinking?
- How can you avoid drinking amounts of alcohol that will affect your judgment and jeopardize your safety?
- If you see a friend having too many drinks at a party, what actions could you take to make sure he or she is safe and responsible?
- Are there particular traditions or norms related to when and why students drink on your campus?
Prompt 2: Tobacco Use on College Campuses
Cigarette smoking among college students has decreased since the late 1990’s. While this trend is important to note, college students are often influenced by the media and their peers to engage in tobacco use including smoking cigarettes. In an effort to reduce smoking, many college campuses have implemented smoke-free policies on campus. Address the following questions on tobacco use on college campuses:
- Have you noticed a change in the number of students on your campus who smoke?
- What do you think are their reasons for smoking? What keeps them from quitting?
- Do you think restrictions on smoking are fair? Why or why not?
- What are the tobacco use or smoking policies on your campus?
- How would you change the tobacco use or smoking policies on your campus?
Prompt 3: Drug Use on College Campuses
Students use and abuse drugs for a variety of different reasons including, but not limited to curiosity, social norms, stress, sorority and fraternity membership, and family history of addiction. In a study of drug use among full time college students, over 50% had used some type of illicit drug. Address the following questions on drug use on college campuses:
- How common is drug use and abuse on your college campus?
- What types of drug treatment and recovery programs are available for students on your campus?
- What strategies does your campus use to prevent drug use and abuse on campus?
- If your campus does not currently have any strategies to prevent drug use and abuse campus, what would you recommend for programs or services?
- Do you think there is such a thing as responsible use of illicit drugs?