URINARY LAB – ALEXANDER CHACON ARDITE
This is where introductory text sould go about what they need to do with this pdf, like ‘You need to upload this PDF into your course
as part of your assignment.’
1. Urine Color Test Light to Medium Yellow Very Dark Yellow
2. Turbidity Test Clear Slightly Cloudy
3. Chemical Tests
Leukocytes + +++
Nitrates Negative choice 3 (Positive)
Urobilinogen 0 0
Protein +++ Negative
pH 8.0 5.0
Hematuria (blood in urine) Negative Negative
Specific Gravity 1.000 1.000
Ketones ++++ Negative
Bilirubin Negative Negative
Glucose ++++ Negative
Assessment 1. Why is a urinalysis an important tool in a routine physical?
2. Suggest an explanation for blood in the urine.
3. What is diabetes? How are type 1 and type 2 different?
4. What condition would explain the each patient’s results?