Chapter 12 provides an explanation of how psychological disorders are defined according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fifth edition (DSM-5). For this final project, Select one psychological disorder and develop a PowerPoint presentation using the following guidelines: (book previously uploaded)
Your presentation should answer the following questions and prompts:
1. What is the disorder and how is it defined according to the American Psychological Association (APA)?
2. What is the evidence of the disorder? What are the symptoms or diagnostic criteria according to Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) IV? Has the diagnostic criteria changed in the DSM V?
3. What are the required tests, exams, etc. used to diagnose the disorder?
4. What are the causes of the disorder: genetics, biology, environment, situational, etc.?
5. How is the disorder treated? Identify past and current drugs, therapeutic modalities, etc. used to treat the disorder.
6. What is the probable outcome or prognosis? Is it possible to eliminate the disorder? Can the disorder be prevented?
7. Are there specific populations, cultures, or age and gender features indigenous to the disorder?
8. Identify famous people that have been “professionally” diagnosed with the disorder.
9. Are there any personal examples of family members, friends, or acquaintances with the disorder that you would like to share in presentation? (optional)
10. Identify two recent legal cases that involve the disorder.
11. Identify two movie examples, two books or articles, and two other media (pamphlets, handouts, websites, etc.) that “accurately” reflect the disorder.
12. Identify two local resources that support and/or treat individuals diagnosed with the disorder.
13. Identify current research regarding the treatment of the disorder.
Be sure to consider the following:
· The length of the PowerPoint presentation should be no more than 15 slides excluding title and reference page.