In this step of the course project you will observe your organism and document its ecology using the multimedia format you chose in youeek One Forum.
- Your presentation will be submitted as a weblink that you have created either from building a Prezi presentation or a Screencast-o-matic (SOM) of a slide presentation.Â Instructions for creating and uploading your presentation for either Prezi or SOM are below. Â
- If your presentation is a Prezi it must contain 10 â€“ 20 elements (what we would call slides in power point).Â If your presentation is an SOM is must contain 12 â€“ 20 slides and be no longer than 15 minutes in length.
- There must be a visual element (photos. videos).
- There must be a narrative component (audio or written narration).
- You will submit this presentation to your classmates to review and discuss as a part of the Week Eight Forum.
I.: your presentation must contain:
a The common and scientific names of your organism
b.Where you observed your organism (e.g. country, state, park, zoo).
c. A discussion on why you selected this organism
d. If possible, a picture of you observing your organism safely in the field.
II. : your presentation must address how your animal obtains its food. For example: the types of foods, the amount of food, the temporal pattern of feeding and specific handling or processing of food items by the organism (e.g. the way a squirrel manipulates an acorn).
III. : your presentation must address how your animal reproduces. Include a discussion on the specific reproductive strategies (e.g. release of gametes by a fish or hermaphroditic reproduction in earthworms), mate choice, mating displays, mate competition and mating systems.
IV. : your presentation must discuss where your organism lives. This does not refer to a city or state; rather it is the natural environment in which your organism lives. Some factors to consider when discussing habitat include abiotic factors like soil or water as well as biotic factors like predators, prey or hosts.
V. : your presentation must discuss other interesting behaviors of your organism. For example light sensitivity, tactile sensitivity, parental care, group formation, kin helpers, defenses, territoriality and cooperation.