Book “The artist way”
ASSIGNMENT 6: Personal Aesthetic Philosophy Essay
Do not begin this assignment until you have completed the instructional material and responded to the DISCUSSIONS: Unit III – Topic A.
- The assignment must be written in the “THIRD PERSON.” (For example: the writer of this paper believes. Do no use I, me, we, etc.).
THIS ASSIGNMENT REQUIRES YOU TO THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE.
1. Length: three pages (no more than four).
Research is not required. However, if research SOURCES are used, all research must be cited (use MLA Format) at the end of the essay.
2. State your personal aesthetic philosophy:
What do you believe about the arts and WHY?
Support your statements with examples. A review of DISCUSSIONS postings and responses may be helpful in organizing your ideas.
- Write in the third person. For Example: The writer of this paper believes …………
- A paragraph must have at least three complete sentences.
- Proof read your work. Use spell and grammar checks.
- Use Times New Roman type at 12 pts.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides of the document.
FORMAT – Five Paragraph Essay:
1. The first paragraph should be an introduction. It should include the point or points (beliefs) of your philosophy.
2. Use the “middle” paragraphs (two, three, and four) to restate and explain each of the points/beliefs you made in the first paragraph. Make sure you use examples to support or demonstrate each point/belief. You might choose to use examples from your personal experience.
- You must be able to tell WHY you believe each point.
- DO NOT introduce new points to your philosophy in the middle paragraphs.
3. The final paragraph should be a summary of the point or points of your philosophy.
REMEMBER – All of the points of your philosophy must be clearly restated.