After completing the assignment preparation study in Unit 5, you will work with your teammate to write a 5–6-page paper, in which you and your teammate will first summarize the ethical issue and then construct an ethical analysis based on the application of ethical principles and current psychological research. Using research findings will strengthen the support of your analysis. You will then formulate an action plan to ameliorate the problem.
In summary, teams will write up a persuasive argument and plan to resolve an ethical dilemma. Analysis of the ethical dilemma, application of psychology principles, support for the course of action, and ability to work as a team using critical thinking skills are the key areas of focus for this assignment.
At the end of the unit, each team member will submit the team assignment to the assignment area.
Note: In this assignment, you will continue to work with the same case study that you chose for your previous assignments.
For this assignment, complete the following:
· Create a title page: Give your paper a title that reflects the purpose of your work. Use the APA Paper Template to format your paper according to the APA manual (sixth edition).
· Write an introduction: For the introduction section of your paper, include the title at the top of the first page, and begin your introduction two spaces beneath your title. (In APA format, the word Introduction is not used as a heading.) Briefly summarize:
. The ethical issue in the case you have chosen.
. How professional standards and other resources, in general terms, point toward solutions.
. Analyze how the issue relates to larger societal problems.
· Create a heading titled Applied Ethical Principles and Standards: Use the APA Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct to assess which of them relate to the particular ethical issue in this case, and analyze how they do so.
· Create a heading titled Alternative Solutions:
. Brainstorm several alternatives for resolving the ethical dilemma in the case. Thoroughly analyze the possible ramifications for at least three alternatives. Then, choose a course of action.
. Explain your chosen course of action and support it based on ethical principles, APA ethical standards, and current psychological research (within the past decade).
· Create a heading titled Action Plan:
. Provide an action plan with recommendations for how to resolve the problem you researched in a fair and just manner, based on the theory and research findings you have discussed.
. Make clear how the objectives of your plan are specific, measurable, achievable, and relevant to the problem, and the timeline for implementation.
. Integrate information from your sources to support your recommendations.
· Create a heading titled Conclusion: Briefly summarize the importance of the problem and make a compelling appeal for implementation of your action plan.
Keep in mind throughout this assignment that while your writing must conform to APA standards, you must explain all information in a manner that can be easily understood by a nonacademic or nonscientific audience.
Refer to the Ethical Issue and Action Plan Scoring Guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assignment.
Submit your assignment to Turnitin before you submit it for grading.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
· Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA format: Comply with current APA style and formatting.
· Number of resources: A minimum of three academic resources.
· Length of paper: 5–6 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding cover page and references.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
· Turnitin: You are required to submit your assignment to the Turnitin source matching tool. It is very important that you always submit your work as a draft, so you can make revisions before submitting it to the Turnitin assignment link.