Discussion Board 2: Learning Styles/Personality
After reading Chapter 7: Strategic Learning and Studying & chapter 8: Test-Taking Skills and Strategies, and looking at the Learning Style Youtube clip in this module, I would like for you to answer the following questions in the Discussion Board:
1) What is your preferred learning style?
2) What is your preferred learning environment (sound, temperature, lighting, lecture vs. hands-on vs. discussion, working with others or not, etc.)?
3) What are some strategies (according to your learning style) you use to study?
Preferred Leaning Styles
Please respond to the following questions, use 12 front times new roman, proper citation 300 to 500 words
1. Learning Styles – Discussion Board
1) What is your preferred learning style? I am definitely a kinesthetic learner. I can hear something or study something but will not feel comfortable with it until I have hands on experience with it.
2) What is your preferred learning environment (sound, temperature, lighting, lecture vs. hands-on vs. discussion, working with others or not, etc.)? My preferred learning environment is in a classroom setting with others. Working with other classmates on projects really seems to help me. Good lighting is always helpful.
3) What are some strategies (according to your learning style) you use to study? I like to take notes during instruction. Since that is not possible through online classes participating in the discussions with other classmates is also a good way to study and learn. Their perspective on a topic can be a different way at looking at something that I may not have learned on my own.
2. Learning Styles – Discussion Board
My proffered learning style is visual and kinesthetic. I like studying in a bright cold room because it is harder to get tired because we all know studying is tiring. I usually just were headphones and study alone as well. Strategies I use to study include reading the content over and over again, writing down notes on the material multiple times, and using flash cards to help me.