You have been contracted to prepare a report for the PMH Board of Directors to guide them in determining the feasibility of opening a satellite clinic as part of a strategic initiative for their annual strategic management planning process.
Providing healthcare services to residents in rural areas has presented increased challenges that include access and cost. For your Capstone Project, you will be using a case study that focuses on Pocahontas Memorial Hospital located in Pocahontas County, West Virginia.
Pocahontas Memorial Hospital (PMH) would like to offer a comprehensive satellite health clinic within Pocahontas County. You have been contracted to prepare a report for the PMH Board of Directors to guide them in determining the feasibility of opening a satellite clinic as part of a strategic initiative for their annual strategic management planning process.
Your report should be organized according to the following structure and contain the elements described:
- Introduction: This is where you introduce your audience to what this report will cover.
- Description of PMH and potential project
- Discussion of whether the organization’s mission, vision, and goals support the project
- Assessment: This is your evaluation of various factors that affect the feasibility and development of the project.
- Internal and external stakeholders involved and their buy-in for this project
- Internal and external environmental challenges (e.g., access for consumers, medical equipment, technology, community involvement required)
- A market analysis
- A SWOT analysis
- Recommendations and Implementation: This is where you detail your recommendations and strategies for implementation. Your recommendations should be based directly on what you outlined in your assessment.
- Strategies for attracting healthcare professionals and staff
- Feasibility for development of a satellite clinic
- Value-adding support and resources (e.g., equipment, technology, etc.)
- Develop strategic initiatives
- Short- and long-terms plans for implementation of strategic initiatives
- Brief discussion of how you will evaluate and benchmark this project
- Conclusion: This brief summary should pull together your assessment and recommendations and leave the audience with a clear sense of what can be done.
Your well-written report should meet the following requirements:
- Be 12–15 pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages or appendices.
- Include the strategic thinking maps and content you created for the earlier module assignments. They may be added in addition to/or as a part of the 12-15 pages of content or moved to the Appendix section.
- Be formatted according to APA Requirements.
- Provide support for your statements with full APA in-text citations from a minimum of ten (10) scholarly references—five of these references must be from outside sources and five may be from course readings, lectures, and textbooks.
- Include full market analysis and SWOT analysis diagrams in the Appendix, but present your narrative discussion of each in the Assessment section of your report.