Ashford 6: – Week 5 – Final Paper
Assume that you are a member of a team that is conducting an investigation. Select one type of investigation from the list below.
- Sexual assault
- Theft and/or burglary
- Drug offense
- Organized crime
- White-collar crime
- Computer crime
Answer the following questions in relations to your selection:
- Describe in detail the type of investigation you are conducting and for what type of crime. (Describe a crime scene – This can be completely of your own making, taken from a documented crime, a television show, or a book you have read on a specific crime. Get creative).
- Prepare a detailed plan that outlines the investigative and management steps your investigation will go through, from the beginning (when the crime was reported or discovered) to the end (when the perpetrator will be convicted).
- Discuss the steps that are involved, who is involved, and what role they play. Be sure to identify the role of the primary officer at the crime scene investigation, police management, further investigating officers or agencies, and the prosecution.
- Analyze the unique attributes this particular crime has and how you will deal with these issues in the investigation. (For example, is the crime scene underwater? How do you investigate? Did the robbery involve a weapon? How do you investigate?)
- Discuss the specific laws you must adhere to in order to create a flawless report for the prosecutor.
- Identify the specific issues you must deal with in the investigation of this particular crime (e.g., media exposure, community acceptance, other agencies involvement and cooperation, chain of evidence, trial testimony)?
The Final Paper must be eight to ten pages in length. Use at least four scholarly resources, at least two of which can be found in the Ashford University Library, to support your claims and subclaims. The Final Paper must be formatted according to APA style, and all resources must be properly cited in text as well as on the reference page. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least four scholarly resources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.