Find an article from journals and periodicals in the library or from electronic data base. Write a reaction paper based on your personal feelings and thoughts about the article.
A reaction paper is your general response to information you have acquired through actual experience and/or written material. The paper should reflect your opinions regarding the experience and/or written material. Specifically, the reaction paper might address the following questions.
1. What did I learn from this experience/material?
2. What suggestions would I make, if any, regarding the experience/material to make it more worthwhile?
3. Do I agree or disagree with the author’s points of view? Why?
4. What further information or research may be needed?
5. How did the experience/materials change my viewpoint?
6. What else would I have liked to learn about the experience/material?
7. Did my feelings, attitudes, or beliefs change as a result of the experience/material?
8. Did I learn more about topics important to me?
9. Did I learn something I never knew or thought before?
10. Did I gain new or fresh insights into things I already knew?
1. Each reaction paper should be 450 words double spaced using 12 font. There should be a cover page and a reference page for each paper.
2. I prefer research based articles or articles written by highly qualified authors. Newspapers or entertainment magazines written by journalists who quote research are not acceptable.
3. I am more interested in your thoughts and not a summary of the article.
4. The article should not be older than 3 years old. I am looking for current research since our textbook was published.
5. Grading will consist of the following:
a. the quality of the article selected
b. grammatical correctness of the writing
c. the personal reaction content in the paper
d. how well the student followed instructions