Infectious diseases come with extremely tough challenges to mitigate them and then finally get them under control. Bringing any such infectious disease under control involves a lot of decisions and cooperation between various branches of government and the health services.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, choose an infectious disease that was prevalent in the United States and had lasting consequences or select a disease from the following:
- West Nile Fever
- Yellow fever
Your paper must address the following:
- A brief description of your chosen infectious disease along with your reasons for choosing the disease.
- Information on the work conducted by government departments to mitigate the impact of your chosen infectious disease.
- Investigations, research studies, and other surveillance data analyses regarding your chosen infectious disease.
- Instances of the emergence and re-emergence of your chosen disease.
- A brief summary of the government’s findings and investigations about your chosen disease.
- Past, current, and ongoing research pertaining to your chosen disease.
- What percentage of population was affected by the disease?
- Have there been instances of any historical outbreaks of the disease? How was the disease handled and controlled in your community?
- What were the objectives and goals of your public education plan to control this disease?
- What initiatives were taken by the government departments to mitigate the impact of the disease?
- What measures would you suggest in the plan to actually reduce health risks?
- How would the plan allow the public to recognize pathogens are related to the cause of diseases and other health problems?
- How would the plan suggest measures to prevent the outbreak of the chosen infectious disease?
You must explain the feasibility of each specific part of your plan. Support your responses with examples. Cite any sources in APA format.