Select a static visual document (i.e. print advertisement, a magazine cover, an online graphic, a photograph of a monument, and etc.) and analyze this document in a 4 page essay. The essay should:
- Describe the document and its elements in detail using vivid and precise language.
- Identify and describe the document’s potential and/or target audience.
- Describe the document’s emotional appeal/effect.
- Consider the author/artist/sponsor’s motivation, perspective, and legitimacy.
- Determine and describe the document’s overall purpose, message, and/or claim.