Technology and Strategies for Self-Directed Learning
Building on Lesson Plan Parts 1 and 2 write a 4-6 page paper in which you (see Lesson Plan Part 2-attached):
- Describe the classroom’s computer/Internet technology, and other electronic equipment. Discuss the challenges and benefits of the equipment, especially computer/Internet technology equipment, has for project-based learning.
- Describe and explain reasons for the selection of three to four (3-4) self-directed, cognitive learning strategies and align each with your objectives and your students.
- Recommend three (3) ways that the instructor can use to guide students in self-directed, cognitive learning. Support with examples from your own experience and from external sources.
- Research one (1) of the following strategies – elaboration, problem-solving, project-based, or chunking – identify its founder(s) and proponents, discuss evidence of its success, and describe how you would use the strategy in your unit.
- Use at least three (3) scholarly sources published within the last ten (10) years.
[Note: If you are not working in a school as an instructor or administrator, describe a school setting with which you are familiar and describe how you would fulfill the criteria.]
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. Reference at least three (3) scholarly sources published within the last ten (10) years. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
- Make sure to include subtitles for questions 1-4