Part 1: Fictional Characters Development
As a group, develop four fictional individuals that may seek career counseling, be sure to include:
- Basic demographics such as age, sex, race, and education
- Career development thus far
- Reason for entering career counseling
- Any unique problems that may influence the counseling session (e.g., disability, economic problems, emotional problems)
Part 2: Matching Fictional Characters with Theory
Match each fictional character to one of the five theories covered thus far in the course. Using the theory matched with the fictional character, write a brief explanation of how you would present the theory to the individual.
Using the theory explained to that individual, state the basic steps you will utilize to provide career counseling for the individual, consider including:
- Information needed for the initial assessment
- Tools utilized in the assessment process
- Steps in the career development process
- Two resources the client may find useful
- Assignments client needs to perform in order to progress in their career development
Part 3: Presentation
Create a 12-15-slide presentation that captures the following:
- The four fictional characters
- An explanation of how you would explain one of the five theories covered in class to each fictional character
- The basic steps that would be utilized to provide career counseling to each fictional character
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.