- Length – 2-3 pages, excluding cover page, illustrations, and references
- Margins – 1.5″ top, 1″ left, right, and bottom
- Spacing – Double-spaced for normal text, single-spaced for long quotes
- Font Size – 10 – 12 point
- Font Styles – Times New Roman or Courier
- Writing Styles – APA (See “Useful Links”)
- Illustrations – Welcome if of good quality
- Cover Sheet – Should include topic, course ID, student name, and date
- References – A total of four references must be used. Your text book can be one reference and is a good place to start. References must be listed on a reference page at the end of your paper
“The Evolution of TCP/IP and the Internet.”
All works and illustrations used in your paper must be cited; this means crediting the source where you found the information you used to support your work. If you fail to give credit for copyrighted information you present as your own work, that constitutes plagiarism, and will be penalized by a zero for the paper and further action may be taken.
- Works used – This is the source material you used to support your research project.
- Works consulted – You probably looked at many sources before you located usable material, and you deserve credit for this research. Your work will be considered for credit for works consulted; list your preliminary sources as consulted works.