*Note: your responses should be thorough. You can respond beneath each question, or you can write in full paper/paragraph format. Your total response should be a minimum of 400 words, and a maximum of 600 words.
*Also, please upload a copy or a screenshot of each of the job postings your search generated (4 total—2 each from O*Net and Indeed)
Job Description Assignment. This assignment is intended to:
- introduce you to, or increase your familiarity with, job search websites and the content included in job postings,
- help you explore your career interests,
- pinpoint the knowledge and skills you can develop to become qualified for a position of interest.
- Visit the O*NET website.
- Click on the hyperlink, “Find Occupations.”
- In the textbox under “Keyword or O*NET-SOC Code,” enter an occupation of interest (for example, “Human Resource Manager.”)
- Use the generated links to look up the listing for 2 different jobs you might be interested in upon graduation.
- Examine the job description, job specifications, and salary information for each job.
- Visit the job search website Indeed.com.
- Look for similar jobs using the Indeed search engine (e.g., enter “Human Resource Management” into the “what” textbox).
- Again, examine the job description, job specification, and salary information for two (2) jobs.
Answer the following questions for each of the two jobs:
- What similarities and differences did you find between the job descriptions, job specifications, and salary information listed on the different websites?
- How well qualified are you for the positions? What additional training and experience do you need for the positions?
- How might you use this information in your job search/career?