In Option #1 you have been hired as an IT expert by a small firm to set up an office for 20 staff members, half of whom will work with desktop computers, and the remaining with laptop computers using wireless networks. The office will use one networked laser printer accessible both from the desktop and laptop computers. The desktop computers will use a wired network, while the laptop computers will employ a wireless network to print and access the Internet.
In Module 4 you will submit Phase 2 of the assignment. Phase 2 should include the following:
- Project Beneficiaries: Write a description of who will derive direct benefit from the project and how they will benefit.
- Project Deliverables: Write a description of the computer network hardware necessary to set up the computer networks and the necessary software and protocols.
Update your project deliverables section by adding the following features:
- Type of NIC (wired or wireless)
- Routers or Wireless Access Points or both
- Cables and connectors to implement a physical network
- Any other needed network hardware
- Physical and logical network topologies
- IP versions (IPv4 or IPv6) and why
- IP address pool for the network
- DNS and DHCP
- Any other network software component.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Three to four pages in length, not including cover and reference pages.
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Cite a minimum of three sources, two of which should be academic, peer-reviewed scholarly sources to support your responses, in addition to your textbook. The CSU-Global library is a great place to find these resources.
Refer to the Portfolio Rubric in the Module 4 Materials folder for information on grading details.