- Resistance Training in Adults
Describe and analyze the benefits and limitations of exercise for adults over 65. Using your textbook and the Argosy University Online Library databases, collect and gather key points that address the following questions:
- What are the benefits of exercise for older adults?
- How might older adults alter their exercise routines?
- Is it too late for older adults to do strength training?
- How does the social component help?
- Would you be inclined to work with older adults when you enter the field? Why or why not?
- Provide examples and references to support your answers. Follow APA guidelines for writing and citing sources.
Write your answers in 2–3 pages and present it in Microsoft Word document format. Name the file M7_A1_LastName_ResistanceTraining.doc, and submit it to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
Through the end of the module review the submission of one of your classmates. Provide a balanced feedback, adding your own points to the benefits of exercise in older adults.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
Assignment 1 Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsDescribed the benefits of exercise for older adults.8Analyzed how older adults might alter their exercise routines.8Analyzed whether it is too late for older adults to do strength training.8Analyzed whether the author was influenced more by his/her family and/or siblings, by unique aspects in his/her life, or by both.8Explained how the social component helps.8Evaluated with reason, your degree of inclination to work with older adults when you enter the field.8Provided examples and references, following APA guidelines.8Reviewed the submission of one of your classmates and provided a balanced feedback, adding your own points to the benefits of exercise in older adults.8Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources, displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.4Total:68