In the Yale Attitude Change approach, there are three components to attitude change. Identify and describe these three parts of the model.
Psychology homework help
2 Minority Influence
3 Tit-for-tat Strategy
4 Mere Exposure Effect
5 Attitude Inoculation
6 Boomerang Effect
8 Equity theory
9 Reactance Theory
11 Process Loss
12 Propinquity Effect
15 Injunctive Norms
16 Transactive memory
17 Social Exchange Theory
18 Elaboration Likelihood Model
19 Descriptive Norms
20 Social Facilitation
21 Reciprocal Liking
23 Autokinetic Effect
24 Social Loafing
25 Functional Distance
(1) Imagine you want to change someone’s attitude on what car to purchase. Describe how you would form your arguments if you wanted to use central and peripheral routes of persuasion. Which type of persuasion would lead to long-lasting attitude change?
(2) In the Yale Attitude Change approach, there are three components to attitude change. Identify and describe these three parts of the model. Then state the major criticism of this model.
(3) After the Milgram study, there were several changes made to the way psychologists are allowed to conduct research. Describe at least three of the differences between the APA ethics code now and then.
(4) Describe the role of informational and normative social influence and give a real life example of each. Be sure to clearly explain how your example demonstrates that particular type of social influence.
(5) Compare the great person theory of leadership with the contingency theory of leadership. Provide an example for each. With which theory would a social psychologist be most likely to agree? Why?
(6) ) The university president has asked you to come up with a way to encourage students to complete their undergraduate degrees in less than five years. A lot rides on your advice to the university president. What might you as a leader do to prevent groupthink from causing you to make defective decisions in your group discussions? Be sure to discuss and explain at least 3 strategies.
(7) In what ways are early experiences with primary caregivers related to later adult relationships? Be sure to mention three (3) different attachment styles. Attachment style can play an important role in romantic relationships. What type of style would be most preferred in a relationship partner and why?
(8) ) Describe, in detail, the four stages of Duck’s (1982) model of relationship dissolution (breaking up). Provide a running example in your description. Keeping in mind Akert’s (1998) research on the dissolution of romantic relationships, what strategy should you pursue the next time you are faced with a romantic breakup?