In the first part of this assignment you are to choose one (1) of the two (2) selected non-clinical area of business operations and/or administration (e.g., Billing). You are to prepare a 2-page informational report
In almost every health care organization, no matter the size, there are several departments or individuals that work to support the overall goal of the organization. Not one department is less important than the other, because all departments work together in some manner to support the quality of health care provided. For example, the Facility Management Department’s goals may include ensure cleanliness of the organization and maintaining of grounds (i.e., landscaping). This indirectly impacts quality, as these goals are appreciated by consumers. Non-clinical support services such as (but not limited to) maintenance, engineering, finance, human resources, admission, compliance, and security all have an important role in health care business operations and administration.
Use the online library, internet, required reading, and other resources to research and develop a more complete appreciation of business operations and administration.
Based on your research, select two (2) non-clinical areas/departments of business operations and/or administration that support each other closely (e.g., Billing and Compliance).
In the first part of this assignment you are to choose one (1) of the two (2) selected non-clinical area of business operations and/or administration (e.g., Billing). You are to prepare a 2-page informational report that identifies:
- Leader of the department (e.g., V.P. of Billing)
- At least two (2) sub-departments (e.g., Collections and Coding)
- Manager and two (2) key personnel in each sub department (e.g., Manger of Collections: Collections Coordinator and Payment Posting Analyst)
- Services provided in selected department.
(Note: Informational reports contain information only and no commentary from the writer. This type of report includes data, facts, and results about a specific subject in detail without any explanation or suggestions. You may choose to use the Billing and Compliance as your two departments, however, you must research and use different employee titles that are used as examples in Part 1 of this assignment.)
In the second part of this assignment you are to create a 1- to 2-page memorandum that advises the second selected department (e.g., Compliance) of the following:
- How the department explained in Part 1 supports second selected department.
- Two trends that have an impact on the department explained in Part 1. Analyze the trends, and thinking as a health care administrator, explain how the two departments can work together to capitalize on these trends to improve operation and bottom line performance.