- Research on leadership traits, behaviors, and attitudes as the foundational content.
- Analysis of your personal leadership traits, behaviors, and attitudes as well as your overall readiness for leadership. Identify gaps that must be closed in order for you to progress to the next level of leadership. Be sure to connect research to your analysis. Note: The text has many assessments and skill building exercises that you may find helpful in this process.
- Recommendations for your personal development to assist you in closing the gaps identified in your personal analysis. Connecting research to your recommendations will make them stronger.
- Conclusion should summarize the primary points of the paper and bring forward a call to action.The Assignment will be evaluated using the Focus Paper Rubric located in the course Grading Rubrics. Therefore, please ensure it is written with proper grammar, in APA format (including clear section headings), and includes at least three cited and referenced resources – at least one of which must be a peer reviewed (scholarly) journal article.
The overall point distribution for the Assignment will be as follows:
- 50% (50 points): Content, focus, use of research, and organization
- 30% (30 points): Analysis and critical thinking
- 20% (20 points): Writing style, grammar, APA format References:
In addition to your credible references, the following materials are strongly recommended:
- DuBrin, A. J., (2015). Leadership: Research Findings, Practice and Skills. 8thEdition
- Derue, D., Nahrgang, J. D., Wellman, N., & Humphrey, S. E. (2011). Trait and behavioral theories of leadership: An integration and meta-analytic test of their relative validity. Personnel Psychology, 64 (1), 7-52.
- Halpin, S. M. (2011). Historical influences on the changing nature of leadership within the military environment. Military Psychology, 23(5), 479-488.
- Vaid, J. (2015). Successful Leadership: Traits Revisited. Global Journal of Enterprise Information System, 7(2), 117-118.