This paper needs to be 2 to 3 pages plus a bio page
For this reflection, you will answer the question:
“What can I, as an historian of the ancient world, learn and apply from the history of my ancient ancestors to my own role in contributing to and acting responsibly for the betterment of society?”
In order to answer this question effectively for your reflection you must:
- Pick one common theme/criteria topic (from the list below) that you think significantly influenced an individual from the ancient world to act responsibly and contribute towards society.
o Religion/Morals & Traditions
- Explain how at least one specific example (one individual) from at least three different civilizations covered throughout this course supports your selected theme/criteria. (So, your essay will talk about 3 different people – each from a different civilization that we discussed.)
- I will put a few but if you need more to do the three different civilizations let me know please.
- Support each of your examples with evidence from the articles in the M13 learning module about why we study history. In total, you must reference at least three of the articles in the learning activities,
- Support each of your examples with evidence from the module where we discussed their civilization (So, you will reference at least 3 learning modules in your paper.)
- Connect how understanding the history of your ancient ancestors in the context of your selected theme/ criteria has influenced your sense of responsibility and contributing role towards the betterment of society. In other words, what have you learned from their experiences that can help you act more responsibly today?
- Lastly, make sure you provide proper internal citations and a properly formatted bibliography