(For this exercise, I completed 10 hours in a self contained high school classroom.)
Allocate 5 hours to complete the clinical field experience.
Complete two or more field experiences from the following Focused Field Experience Activity List, in an ASD classroom:
FOCUSED FIELD EXPERIENCE ACTIVITY LIST
- Collaborate to enhance opportunities for students with ASD. (ACSI7.S1)
- Apply strategies to resolve conflict and build consensus. (ACSI7.S2)
- Coordinate processes that encourage collaboration needed for transition between settings. (SEDAS7.S1)
- Provide leadership in collaborating with individuals and families around the issues of sexuality. (SEDAS7.S2)
- Collaborate with families and other team members in non-judgmental ways to make informed decisions about interventions and life planning. (SEDAS7.S3)
- Promote collaborative practices that respect the family’s culture, dynamics, and values and the impact the diagnosis may have on the family. (SEDAS7.S4)
- Connect families and professionals to educational and community resources. (SEDAS7.S5)
Reflect upon your field experience choices in a 250-500-word summary.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Document the hours and locations that you spend in the field on your Clinical Field Experience Verification Form.
Submit the Clinical Field Experience Verification Form with the last assignment by the assignment due date. Directions for submitting can be found on the College of Education site in the Student Success Center.