Explain the particular issue or phenomenon from a psychological perspective and its impact on the practice of police psychology.
Police psychology is a wide, still-developing field. Pick a topic pertinent to the contemporary field of police psychology and, in a research paper, analyze its impact on the field from a psychological perspective.
Some possible topic ideas may include:
- Psychological issues for K9 handlers
- Family support and the role of a police psychologist
- Biology and psychology of shift work for first responders
- Responding to workplace violence calls
- Eyewitness memory
- Dealing with officer-involved shootings
- Dealing with post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSDs) and first responders
- Effectiveness of therapy for officers
- Psychology of germ warfare—pre/during/and post incident
- Latest research on psychological instruments to assess police officer suitability
- Peer counselors
Create a 10- to 12-page paper in a Microsoft Word document by addressing the following:
- Explain the particular issue or phenomenon from a psychological perspective and its impact on the practice of police psychology. As any issue has multiple perspectives, each of these perspectives should be researched, explained, and related.
- Culminate the facts and various perspectives into your own well-thought-out conclusion that directly relates to your thesis presented in the abstract and introduction of the paper.
In order to ensure you address all the requirements of the paper, read the grading criteria carefully to address all the elements.