1. Explain the importance of proteins.
2. Define amino acids, non-essential amino acids, essential amino acids, complete protein, and incomplete proteins.
3. Define complementary proteins and supplementary proteins.
4. Why are vitamins important?
5. Define fat soluble and water soluble.
6. What is DNA? RNA?
7. Which vitamins play essential roles in the formation of blood cells and hemoglobin?
8. Which vitamins regulate bone growth?
9. Define collagen.
10. Which vitamins regulate energy metabolism?
11. Define neuromuscular and spina bifida.
12. What are megadoses?
13. Define minerals and tell why they are important.
14. What minerals support growth?
15. What are the major minerals found in bones and teeth?
16. Why is fluoride added to water supplies of communities? Why is fluoride important?
17. What are the major food sources of calcium and phosphorus?
18. Define hemoglobin. Define iron-deficiency anemia.
19. What are the major food sources of iron?
20. Why is water so important to children? How is water lost and replaced in children?
21. Name three (3) problems caused by children drinking too much fruit juice.