Reflect on theme and literary elements and techniques in the story “The Gift of Magi”.
Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length. The minimum word count does not include references.In this discussion you will
- Describe the core conflict represented in the story.
- Describe the theme of the story.
- Select three in the story and describe them.
- Explain how the elements/techniques illustrate the theme and conflict expressed in the story.
Read “A Worn Path” and identify and consider a character you sympathize with. Reflect on why you identify with them and how that character is constructed by the author.
Write: Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length. The minimum word count does not include references.
As you write your post, answer the following questions:
- Identify the character and the literary work he or she appears in.
- Why did this character interest you? What choices does the character make, and how do the choices (or the result of the choices) contribute to the theme of the story?
- What kind of conflict (internal/external) did this character encounter, and how did he or she handle it?
- How does the setting contribute to the character’s development?
- How does the setting contribute to the character’s experience and give the story more meaning?