In a 4-5 page reflection paper, assess your nursing career through “appreciative inquiry” (Billings & Kowalski, 2008).
- Drawing on your own life stories and experiences, what does a nursing career mean to you?
- How does your nursing practice parallel the ANA (2015) Code of Ethics? List 4 specific examples from the Code of Ethics.
- What motivates you to remain in the nursing profession? Give an example through a personal story and what you learned that motivates you as a registered nurse.
- Develop 3 short-term and 3 long-term goals that emphasize your unique strengths.
- How will a BSN degree impact your short-term and long-term career goals?
- Be creative and talk about your personal journey as a nurse. Include a personal nursing philosophy in the reflection.
Remember to follow APA 6th edition format and include a title page, running head, page numbers and a reference page, as well as in-text reference citations. The page limit is content and does not include the title page and reference page.