Distinguish the roles and relationships between epidemiology and biostatistics in the prevention of disease and the improvement of health. (PO 1)
The purpose of this project is to complete the interventional health promotion program. Part 1 of the assignment was the identification of a high-risk population and possible adverse health outcomes. In this assignment, the student will develop evidence-based interventions to address the adverse health outcomes associated with the high-risk factors. An integral part of intervention development is the creation of measurable outcomes to evaluate the program. The consequences of this process in light of the DNP role will be discussed.
This assignment provides documentation of students’ ability to meet the following course outcomes:
- Distinguish the roles and relationships between epidemiology and biostatistics in the prevention of disease and the improvement of health. (PO 1)
- Assimilate principles of epidemiology with scientific data necessary for epidemiologic intervention and draw appropriate inferences from epidemiologic data. (PO 1)
- Synthesize ethical and legal principles regarding the collection, maintenance, utilization and dissemination of epidemiologic data. (PO 1)
- Utilize appropriate public health terminology and definitions of epidemiology necessary for intra-/interprofessional collaboration in advanced nursing practice. (PO 8)
- Analyze the role of the advanced practice nurse to overcoming access barriers by providing culturally-relevant and high-quality healthcare for vulnerable and high-risk populations. (PO 1)
- Differentiate biopsychosociopolitical and economic/environmental conditions impacting epidemiologic perspectives that inform scientific, ethical, economic, and political discussion of public health issues. (PO 1)
- Articulate the driving and restraining forces of public health screening programs. (PO 1)
- Examine selected strategies for increasing intra-/interprofessional collaboration in interventional health education programs across healthcare settings. (PO 8)
- Formulate an interventional public health program in response to an identified epidemiologic problem. (PO 1)
- Integrate intra-/interprofessional collaboration in the design, implementation, and outcomes evaluation elements of a selected interventional public health program for improving health. (PO 8)
The Evidenced-Based Promotion Project, will be graded on quality of self-assessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria and rubric.
Create your assignment using Microsoft Word (a part of Microsoft Office), which is the required Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your assignment may be posted in the weekly Q & A Forum.
APA format is required with both a title page and a reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headings (upper and lower case, centered, boldface)
Note: Introduction—Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
|Introduction||20||10%||Introduction to the development of interventions and outcomes measurement for evaluation in population health.|
|Identify evidence-based interventions for identified high-risk population||60||35%||Identify evidence-based interventions for the identified high-risk population. Discuss the rationale for interventions.|
|Identification of measurement outcomes for identified interventions.||65||29%||Identify outcome measurements to utilize in the evaluation phase of the project.|
|Utilization of epidemiology principles and terminology||30||13%||Utilize the proper epidemiological terminology in the description of interventions and outcomes.|
|Implications of the project for the APN clinical practice||20||9%||What have you learned from developing this interventional program? What implications does it have for your clinical practice?|
|Clarity of writing||20||9%||Use of Standard English grammar and sentence structure. No spelling errors or typographical errors. Organized around the required components using appropriate headers.|
|APA format||10||4%||All information taken from another source, even if summarized, must be appropriately cited in the manuscript and listed in the references using APA (6th ed.) format:Document setup
Title and reference pages
Citations in the text and references
1C If you had the opportunity to share your DNP project with stakeholders, how would you modify your systematic review to make your project more appealing?