You will need to complete a paper on a recent magazine or newspaper article about biology. You may also use a TV or radio story if you can find a transcript of the story. The paper should be approximately 1000 words, however, I am more concerned with whether the paper contains all the content it needs than the actual word count. This assignment is due Friday, April 14 before midnight.Assignments must be turned in to the turn-it-in dropbox on Blackboard.
Briefly, you should cite an article as shown below.
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (Year). Title of article. Title of Periodical, volume
number(issue number), pages.
When you use ideas (not just quotes, but any ideas) from an author in the text, you should follow your information with the author and the year. For example, if you were citing your textbook, you might say “Previous studies on coffee’s effects on people have produced conflicting results (Bozzone and Green, 2014).” The words “et al.” are a Latin abbreviation for “and the others.” You use them when you don’t list all the authors (usually when there are more than two). Please do not use more than one quote in your paper.
1. All parts of the paper are present. ___ ___/10
2. The summary is complete, accurate, and not plagiarized. ___ ___/20
3. Clear connections between class and the article are made. ___ ___/20
4. A thoughtful reaction and relevant questions are included. ___ ___/20
5. The references are cited correctly. ___ ___/10
6. Spelling and grammar are correct. ___ ___/20