For this Assignment, search for a real-life case of discrimination or harassment that involves an educator in an educational setting. You may also create a scenario that involves discrimination or harassment. Search for discrimination and harassment laws and policies, and compare them to the policies you follow within your own educational setting. Consider how you would address the case as a leader.
In 4 or more pages, include the following information:
- Either a summary of the real-life case (cited in proper APA format) or the scenario you created.
- Cite the laws or policies that govern discrimination and harassment. Explain where you located these laws or policies. Compare these to the policies in your district. Explain whether these are either compatible or if there are any gaps at which you might want to consider as a leader in education.
- Explain how you might close any gaps you identified.
- As a leader (e.g., principal, superintendent) in the case you presented, how would you address the educator? How might you address the media if the case were public?
- Explain strategies you might implement to mitigate future occurrences among your faculty.
- Use APA guidelines to cite your references.
Note: The instructor is very strict with APA 6th edition formatting. Please use correct APA formatting and proper reference and citation formatting. Points will be deducted for every mistake made on the reference list. If you are not sure please google how to correctly format your references. Do not forget to list your references and you must include the in-text citations. Also please use current (meaning within the past 2 years) scholarly journal articles as references. Thank