Describe the role and function each professional would serve in terms of assessing or responding to any of the legal or ethical issues that may arise when working with this client or student.
For this assignment, review the collaboration scenarios in the presentations, Collaboration Scenarios – Mental Health Counselor Scatterdesk and Collaboration Scenarios – School Counselor Scatterdesk, in this unit’s study, and select then one of the scenarios. You can click on the word transcript next to the title of the media piece to view all the details on one page. Imagine that you are the counselor working with this student or client, and you will be serving as the lead person to coordinate efforts among the team of professionals at this setting.
Complete the following for the scenario you selected:
· Describe the role and function each professional would serve in terms of assessing or responding to any of the legal or ethical issues that may arise when working with this client or student. How does the quality of the interaction impact the service provided to the clients or students?
· Describe the responsibilities of each of the professionals as they collaborate to respond to legal or ethical issues described in the scenario.
. What are the specific legal and ethical issues that the team will need to address?
. Describe how the counselor in the scenario will collaborate with other human service and behavioral health professions to address the issues identified.
. What institutional barriers may interfere with how the professionals work together to address the client or student goals?
· Include references to at least two specific state laws and two specific codes from the 2014 ACA Code of Ethics and the 2016 ASCAEthical Standards for School Counselors that relate to your case.
· Develop an effective communication to the professional identified below:
. For the client in the mental health counselor scenario: You and the client agree she would meet with a psychiatrist for an evaluation. Compose a letter that you would send, with the client’s permission, to the psychiatrist who is not part of the clinic. In the letter, describe the reason for your referral, the relevant information you would like the psychiatrist to have about the client, and the information you would like to receive after the evaluation is completed. (You may need to make up some of the details about the client and your work with her.)
. For the student in the school counselor scenario: Compose a letter that you would send, with the student’s and his or her parents’ permission, to the school psychologist who will be seeing the student for an evaluation. In the letter, describe the reason for your referral, the relevant information you would like the school psychologist to have about the student, and the information you would like to receive after the evaluation is completed. (You may need to make up some of the details about the student and your work with him.)
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
· Written communication: Develop accurate written communication and thoughts that convey the overall goals of the assignment and do not detract from the overall message. Your paper should demonstrate graduate-level writing skills.
· References: Your reference list must include at least two sources from current peer-reviewed journals. You must use current APA style to list your references. Refer to the APA Style and Format for more information.
· Number of pages: The length of your paper should be 3–5 double-spaced pages. Note: Page count does not include cover page or references.
· Formatting: Use current APA formatting, including correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no skipped lines before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, and no bullets. Refer to the APA Style and Format for more information.
You are required to submit your final version of this paper to Turnitin to generate a final report prior to submitting the assignment for grading. From the Turnitin tool, first submit to the draft link to check your work for any necessary edits. Once the paper is finalized and all edits have been made, submit your final paper to the Final report option for the assignment. Please be advised it can take up to a day to obtain the percentage from Turnitin. When your paper is downloaded and viewable in Turnitin, save the originality report. Refer to the Turnitin tutorial: Viewing Originality Reports (linked in the Resources) for guidance.
1. Submit your assignment using the following file naming format: Your Name_AssignmentNumber_Assignment Title (example: Ima_Learner_u05a1_Collaborating).
2. In the comment section, provide the percentage from the final Turnitin report (example: Final Turnitin percentage = 4%). Please be prepared to provide your faculty member with a copy of the Turnitin report should this be requested of you.
Be sure to read the Collaborating With Human Services Professionals Scoring Guide.
· Collaborating With Human Services Professionals Scoring Guide.
· Unit 5 Paper Template [DOC].
· Collaboration Scenarios – Mental Health Counselor Scatterdesk | Transcript.
· Selecting the Best Keywords.
· How Do I Find Peer-Reviewed Articles?.
· Collaboration Scenarios – School Counselor Scatterdesk | Transcript.
· Select the Best Databases.
· APA Style and Format.