Describe how visual representations of data are used on a daily basis to communicate information; think about graphs or charts you have seen on utility bills, or in a brochure or on a poster. Knowing how data visualization can be used in our daily lives, how can it be applied in the health industry?
Data visualizations can be used in many different ways. They paint a picture of data to make it easier to interpret and understand. They are important for decision-makers because itgives them the opportunity to see analytical results presented visually, find relevance amongvariables, and predict the future.
Imagine that the director of your department has tasked you with creating a presentation for your organization that illustrates a health issue. Go to the Library and research a health topic (obesity, diabetes, heart disease,cancer, etc.). Locate scholarly sources that represent the data in a visual way (infographics,charts, graphs, etc.). Data visualizations may come from the CDC, NIH, American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association, National Association of Mental Illness, American Cancer Society, etc. You must use highly credible sources.
Create a 10-12 slide PowerPoint presentation using visual representations of the data fromhighly credible sources. There should be detailed speakers notes for each slide. The
presentation should be in the following format:
· Title slide
· Introduction slide
· Data visualization (3-4 visualizations, one on each slide). In the speaker notes area, provide a detailed description of that data in the visualizations.
· Analyze the data visualizations on the slides and within the speaker notes. (1-2 slides)
· Discuss how these visualizations can assist with organizational decision-making for program development. (1 slide)
· Recommend organizational action based on the combination of data from the visualizations. (1 slide)
· Conclusion slide
· Reference slide(s)Leave a reply →