This assignment is the first of three components in your course project. For more information about the course project, review the course project information and refer to the Unit 10 assignment.
For this assignment, select the topic or issue in prenatal development, postnatal development, or both, that you will research for your course project. If you choose to focus on a postnatal topic, limit your focus to the first three months after birth only.
Some examples of appropriate topics include:
- Postpartum maternal depression: the impact on early postnatal attachment.
- Alcohol-related neurodeveopmental disorders: the impact on prenatal and postnatal brain development.
- Hospital births versus home births: the impact on birth outcomes.
- The impact of multiple births as a result of in vitro fertilization (IVF).
Write a 1–2 page paper describing the development topic or issue you have selected. Address the following in your paper:
- Justify the chosen topic in the area of prenatal development, postnatal development, or both.
- Describe aspects of prenatal care, postnatal care, or both, in relation to your topic.
- Explain what you hope to learn from your research and writing of the final paper.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Length of paper: 1–2 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
Review the scoring guide to ensure you have addressed the assignment grading criteria before you submit your assignment.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
- Topic Selection Scoring Guide.
- APA Guide.
- APA Style and Format.
- Capella Library.
- Capella Writing Center.
- PSY6010: Human Prenatal Development Research Guide.
- Tour the Capella Library.
- Writing Feedback Tool.