2. Describes the research topic, research supporting the need for this research, and how the research topic contributes to the field synthesizing current research and
thought on the topic.
3. Demonstrates critical thinking and writing skills appropriate for doctoral level work incorporating and synthesizing current research and thought in the field.
• Using full APA style and format (APA, 2010), including section headings based on each item, provide a succinct but sufficient answer to the following items:
• Proposed Research Paper: Please describe, in one paragraph, the specific topic you wish to investigate for your paper. It is understood that topics evolve and
develop as one becomes more familiar with the existing literature. Give your best description of the topic as it exists at the present time.
• Need for the Study: Please summarize at least five articles from the existing research on your topic that supports the need for your paper. Please include an
explicit statement of what is not yet known or is insufficiently known.
• Advancing Scientific Knowledge: Please describe in a paragraph how your research on the topic will advance scientific knowledge in your specialization within
• Theoretical Foundations: Please describe in one paragraph, which psychological school of thought, as presented in PSY7110, best supports your proposed research
paper. Then, provide a rationale by showing how the underlying assumptions or key theories that support your topic.