Create one personal life example and one career example in which you (or a fictitious person) struggle with personal challenges and an ethical dilemma
located within the Online Undergraduate Programs section of the Ashford University 2013-2014 Academic Catalog.
After reviewing the information provided above, you will create a two- to three-page case study focusing on professional and personal scenarios (they can be real or hypothetical) in which you evaluate your learning as it contributes to the overall attainment of Ashford University’s institutional outcomes and the Bachelor of Arts in Psychology program outcomes.
In the body of your paper:
- Discuss the Ashford University institutional outcomes and the program outcomes by identifying their relevance to a profession in psychology.
- Create one personal life example and one career example in which you (or a fictitious person) struggle with personal challenges and an ethical dilemma (e.g., a client or research subject reveals compromising information about a friend or family member who also happens to be someone you know in a personal/social context).
- After identifying the problem, include a section wherein you address each of the following prior to making a decision about a course of action:
- From your point of view, what is the problem?
- From the point of view of other individuals, what is the problem?
- What are the options? What are potential consequences of the options?
- What are the risks of each potential solution?
- What are the risks of not resolving the challenges effectively?
- What evidence/data do you have to assist you in decision making?
- Apply the competencies gained at Ashford University (from the institutional and program outcomes) to identify the preferred resolutions to the situations you identified in #2 above. Select at least three competencies that are most relevant to your scenarios. Be specific in your discussion of the scenarios and provide details demonstrating professional problem solving in your case study.
- Conclude the case study with how you resolved the problem (the outcome) and what you learned while at Ashford University that assisted you in deciding on an effective resolution. You may also identify additional competencies used to resolve the problem that are not included in the institutional and program outcomes.
- Utilize at least one scholarly source as a basis for the evidence you will use to rationalize the decision-making process. All sources must be documented in APA style, as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center.
Writing the Case Study
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title
page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.