Psychology homework help
See the Resources area for links to resources that you will use for this assignment:
- You will complete this assignment using the Data Analysis and Application (DAA) Template.
- Read the SPSS Data Analysis Report Guidelines for a more complete understanding of the DAA Template and how to format and organize your assignment.
- Refer to IBM SPSS Step-By-Step Guide: Correlations for additional information on using SPSS for this assignment.
- If necessary, review the Copy/Export Output Instructions to refresh your memory on how to perform these tasks. As with your previous two assignments, your submission should be in narrative format with supporting statistical output (table and graphs) integrated into the narrative in the appropriate places (not all at the end of the document).
You will analyze the following variables in the grades.sav data set:
Step 1: Write Section 1 of the DAA.
- Provide the context of the grades.sav data set.
- Include a definition of the specified variables and corresponding scales of measurement.
- Indicate the type of correlation for each X, Y pair (Pearson’s r, Spearman’s r, point-biserial r, et cetera).
- Specify the sample size of the data set.
Step 2: Write Section 2 of the DAA.
- Test the assumptions of correlation for gpa and final.
- Paste the SPSS histogram output for each variable and discuss your visual interpretations.
- Paste SPSS descriptives output showing skewness and kurtosis values and interpret them.
- Paste SPSS scatter plot output with “gpa” set to the horizontal axis and “final” set to the vertical axis. Conduct a visual inspection of the scatter plot to analyze other assumptions of correlation.
- Summarize whether or not the assumptions of correlation are met.
Step 3: Write Section 3 of the DAA.
- Specify a research question related to gpa and final.
- Articulate the null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis.
- Specify your alpha level.
Step 4: Write Section 4 of the DAA.
- Paste the SPSS output of the intercorrelation matrix for all specified variables.
- First, report the lowest magnitude correlation in the intercorrelation matrix, including degrees of freedom, correlation coefficient, p value, and effect size. Interpret the effect size. Specify whether or not to reject the null hypothesis for this correlation.
- Second, report the highest magnitude correlation in the intercorrelation matrix, including degrees of freedom, correlation coefficient, p value, and effect size. Interpret the effect size. Specify whether or not to reject the null hypothesis for this correlation.
- Third, report the correlation between gpa and final, including degrees of freedom, correlation coefficient, pvalue, and effect size. Interpret the effect size. Analyze the correlation in terms of the null hypothesis.
Step 5: Write Section 5 of the DAA.
- Discuss the implications of this correlation as it relates to the research question.
- Conclude with an analysis of the strengths and limitations of correlational analysis.
Submit your DAA Template as an attached Word document in the assignment area.
- Correlations Scoring Guide.
- DAA Template.
- SPSS Data Analysis Report Guidelines.
- IBM SPSS Step-by-Step Guide: Correlations.
- Copy/Export Output Instructions.
APA Style and Format.