Assessing Instructional Needs and Contexts
Return to your imagined organization from the Week One Discussion, titled “Instructional Designer Job Description.” Rather than writing the job description for the role of instructional designer, you are now filling that role. Imagine that the organization
- has a problem,
- desires an innovation, or
- wishes to align actual performance with established goals.
In this assignment, you will continue work on your Final Project with the beginning of your instructional analysis. Because this is an academic assignment, this analysis will need to use APA formatting. Such formatting will probably not be used within design plans outside of this academic environment. You will need to complete the following:
- Create and describe one of the three scenarios presented;
- Justify the use of a particular approach to assess the instructional need;
- Describe what elements of the learning context or system should be considered as part of the instructional analysis;
- Use and cite course materials to frame your justification and description; and
- Use headings to distinguish your discussion of the needs assessment and the learning context. Be sure that you have an introduction with a thesis statement and a conclusion that summarizes your main points.
This assignment must be formatted in APA style and be at least three but no more than five pages, not including the title and reference pages. Cite at least one scholarly source in addition to the text. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center.