The following course outcome is assessed with the Unit 3 Assignment:
PS430-2: Analyze behavior management programs using fundamental principles of behavior.
PC-2.1: Achieve goals through planning and prioritization.
You are working as a behavioral consulting intern. Your company is taking on a new client, Shoreside Community-Based Residential Facility. Shoreside would like your company to provide consultation in their unit for adults with traumatic brain injury.
Shoreside management and staff have expressed a concern over increasing rates of disruptive behavior during community outings and have had little success with their current interventions. They believe they may need assistance with staff training and behavior management techniques.
The company uses some Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) with their clients but has never used ABA at an organizational level. The Director recently learned about Organizational Behavior Management (OBM) and wants to know more about how basic concepts of ABA could be used at Shoreside. The Director of Shoreside believes this would be an effective way to address the problems within the organization.
Your manager has asked you to make a presentation to management and staff to provide more information about Organizational Behavior Management and how fundamental principles of behavior can be used in the organization. Shoreside is skeptical that the same principles they use with their clients could be applied to staff within the organization.
Using what you have learned about OBM and fundamental principles of behavior, you must create a PowerPoint presentation (minimum of 12 slides) consisting of the following:
- Provide an overview of Organizational Behavior Management:
- Define and describe Organizational Behavior Management.
- Identify and describe at least one specific application of OBM that is applicable to the above organization.
- Provide an overview of the general goals of an OBM/ABA based intervention:
- Identify the role that individuals within organizations hold in relation to the successful planning and implementation of interventions
- Describe how problems are prioritized and addressed.
- Define and describe fundamental principles of behavior and provide examples of how this is applied on an organizational level. Use nontechnical language when possible, so that all those attending the meeting understand your discussion:
- Respondent Conditioning
- Operant Conditioning
- Verbal Behavior
- Describe why using a behavior analytic approach on all levels of the organization is preferred over a non-scientific approach.
- Discuss why principles of ABA are important in the development of behavior management programs.
The goal for this Assignment is to provide an overview of Organizational Behavior Management and describe the fundamental principles of behavior analysis. You should not create a solution for the given scenario. You should provide a beginning explanation of the above principles in order to introduce the staff to the use of behavior analysis on all levels within the organization.
Your PowerPoint presentation should have an APA Style title page and reference page. The sources of the information used in the preparation of your presentation should be cited with in-text citations in APA Style and should be reflected on your reference page.
Your PowerPoint should be a minimum of 12 slides in length, not including title and reference pages, include proper APA formatting (including properly formatted headings for each section of your plan), and include at least two academic references reference from : Johnson C., Redmon W., Mawhinney T. (2001). Handbook of Organizational Performance, 1st Edition.