Two of the standard forms of business writing that you may encounter in business writing are the following:
When you have completed your review of these forms of business writing, do the following:
1) Choose one of the sites that you reviewed.
2) In a paragraph of about 100 words, explain two or three key elements that the web site notes about a specific form of business writing (identify whether you are discussing letters or memos). It would be especially good if you noted something that surprised you or that you disagreed with based on your own career experience with the type of business writing you discuss.
3) Respond to at least one classmate’s post.
View profile card for Shawna Rand
4 hours ago
Contains unread posts
Your first writing assignment asks you to write a report (see the discussion topic “Standard Types of Business Writing” for an example of the format that you might use for your assignment).
In Chapter 2 of Business Communication for Success you are introduced to the communication process. The elements of the communication process include the following:
Our focus in this first writing assignment is on the last of these – interference. Any barrier or inhibitor that negatively affects successful communication is interference.
After you have completed reading Chapter 2, reviewed the pdf files on Communication Barriers, and reviewed your assignment directions, complete this discussion topic by doing the following tasks:
1) decide which communication barrier(s) you believe are most powerfully affecting your communication process in the workplace or community scenario you think you will choose for your assignment;
2) write a paragraph or two in which you explain how and why you think these barriers are the main culprits negatively affecting successful communication.
3) Offer one classmate feedback on his/her post noting similarities or differences that you find interesting compared to the situation you described in your own post.
NOTE: This is not your essay assignment. To complete your assignment, go to the Assignment area and review the assignment directions, then complete and submit your draft of the assignment in your assignment folder.
View profile card for Isaac Henneh
yesterday at 4:12