The assignment instructions are at the following link:
If you would like to, please review the same video tutorial that you watched for our earlier exercise. The tutorial is designed to demonstrate some searching strategies when finding articles in the databases that UMUC subscribes to.
Please watch library tutorial #2. The tutorial is linked to at the top of the list of Content items for this week.
After you have reviewed the tutorial, please complete the following tasks.
- Conduct a new search on a phrase related to the same topic on which you searched for the previous exercise. As the video demonstrates, make sure to use quotation marks around the phrase.
-How many search results do you get?
- Then, following the instructions provided in the second video, focus your search by using theSU-subject termsoption from the drop-down menu for one of the rows.
-How many search result do you find after limiting the search by using SU-subject terms?
As with the previous two library tasks, completing this exercise will help inform your research for the white paper assignment in our class.
Please watch library tutorial #3. The tutorial is linked to at the top of the list of Content items for this week.
After you have watched the tutorial, please complete the following tasks.
- Conduct a keyword search on a topic that interests you. You can conduct the same search you made in one of our previous library exercises if you would like.
What word or phrase did you search on?
How many search results do you get?
- Follow the instructions provided on the video and select a new database on the right-hand side of your screen. Then answer the following questions:
What database did you select?
How many search results did you get after adding this database?
- Next, locate theresearch guide for your major. If you have not declared a major yet, please select one from that interests you from the options from the drop-down menu.
Peruse the research guide for that major. Describe to the rest of the class in a few sentences any interesting resources you discovered.
If you have the same major as another student in the class, this would be a great time to collaborate and share any resources you found with which others might no be familiar.