-A description of the career or occupation including entry level positions as well as your intended career path.
Psychology homework help
This is for my Equity in School and Workplace Class
And here are the Assignment instructions:
For the purpose of this Report you are invited to become the “expert” on Equity in your particular career or occupation. In what ways are the issues related to gender, race, ethnicity, age, class, or sexual orientation evidenced in the workplace you will inhabit?
When you have completed the previous assignments in this unit, think about your intended career or occupation. Conduct a thorough search in your professional literature. Review the Occupational Outlook Handbook (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. website andsearch (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.for your intended occupation to determine the demographic trends, wages/salaries (pay equity), number of males/females and minorities represented in the field; educational opportunities, access to education, trends in education or preparation for the field, salary and/or benefits, opportunities for advancement, trends in management.
You might find other sources of assistance like Career OneStop (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., Employment & Training Administrative Programs (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. or Employ Florida (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Paper 1 summarizes your career equity findings. Write the report to generate interest and inform others who may be preparing for the same career/occupation. Assume that we are creating an up to date “Career Resource.” Paper 1 is written in APA style format as per example below using the grading criteria as listed in the Rubric
Your paper should answer the following questions:
- -A description of the career or occupation including entry level positions as well as your intended career path.
- -Do the research. Investigate your industry and/or major employers in the area. Where do you go to get work? What is the current job market in your intended occupation and/or industry? Who’s hiring? Where are the jobs?
- -What changes have occurred in the demographics of the workforce with regard to gender, race or age with regard to your intended occupation?
- -What impact have these changes had on your particular career/occupation or industry?
- -What specific trends are evident in your career/occupation or industry?
- -What are some of the benefits associated with your future employment?
- -What Equity issues or challenges remain?
- -How does your career or occupation score with regard to Equal Pay? Equal Opportunity?
- -What are the implications for males and females, minorities or older workers preparing for such careers?
- -What issues are you aware of?
- -What do you need to investigate further?
- -What resources have you found most helpful and/or where might you continue to look for data?
*Remember, this paper will be written in your own words. Therefore, no quotes are allowed. You will paraphrase your learning and use proper in-text citations as necessary.