Psychology homework help
- An explanation of who the population is and why it is important for this group to receive career counseling
- Statistics on the group (e.g., how large, how many have employment problems, how many utilize career counseling)
- Discussion of career counseling theory to be used with the group (e.g., Minnesota theory of work adjustment). Include evidence supporting the use of this theory in the general population as well as within the group. Please note: If none are available, it is important to indicate that as well.
- Basic plan for counseling utilizing chosen theory (e.g., interview, use of assessment tools, explanation of theory)
- Environmental/personal barriers that may prevent the client from finding work (e.g., disability, substance use history, felony, transportation, limited computer access)
- Local resources available to help the client obtain work (e.g., job center, training programs, support groups)
- Your conclusion on whether or not this plan is tenable and will work, based on the information listed above.
- A minimum of four scholarly references.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standards:
2.F.4.a: Theories and models of career development, counseling, and decision making.
2.F.4.b. Approaches for conceptualizing the interrelationships among and between work, mental well-being, relationships, and other life roles and factors.
2.F.4.c. Processes for identifying and using career, avocational, educational, occupational and labor market information resources, technology, and information systems.
2.F.4.e. Strategies for assessing abilities, interests, values, personality and other factors that contribute to career development.
2.F.4.f. Strategies for career development program planning, organization, implementation, administration, and evaluation.
2.F.4.g. Strategies for advocating for diverse clients’ career and educational development and employment opportunities in a global economy.
2.F.4.h. Strategies for facilitating client skill development for career, educational, and life-work planning and management.
2.F.4.i. Methods of identifying and using assessment tools and techniques relevant to career planning and decision making.
2.F.4.j. Ethical and culturally relevant strategies for addressing career development.