1. List five traits that are shared by all mammals, including the two traits that are used to define the mammal class.2. Describe how mammals stay warm.
Directions: Answer each of the following questions.
1. List five traits that are shared by all mammals, including the two traits that are
used to define the mammal class.2. Describe how mammals stay warm.
3. What is the function of sweating?
4. Identify mammals that are herbivores, carnivores, and omnivores.
5. What are alveoli? What is their function?
6. What are the functions of the uterus and vagina in therian mammals?
7. What is the placenta? What is its role?
8. Where does a marsupial embryo develop? How is it nourished?
9. Describe eggs and egg laying in monotremes.
10. How does lactation differ in monotremes and therian mammals?
11. What were the synapsids? When were they most widespread?
12. Identify the therapsids. How were they related to mammals?
13. Describe cynodonts. What is their place in the evolution of mammals?
14. Outline the evolution of monotreme, marsupial, and placental mammals.
15. What is the mammalian supertree?
Essay submission: Select one (1) Biology topic from this lesson, and submit a 3-5 paragraph essay about the topic. Present the answer in complete sentences with supporting information from the Lesson. Do not copy and paste from the Lessons or Internet resources, but answer in your own words to demonstrate understanding of the material. Remember to cite your sources!